Saturday, May 16, 2009

Change Your Reality With Every Word

On Tuesday, May 26th, at 7pm EST I will be interviewing Yvonne Oswald, author of Every Word Has Power. To sign up for the FREE teleseries go to: www.wholemindwholebody.com/events.html.

I have been spending a fair amount of time reading and thinking about this book in preparation for the interview. According to Oswald we can literally change our reality just by changing the words we speak. When we use low-energy words we bring low-energy events into our life and vice versa - the act of speaking with high-energy words will bring us greater health, happiness and success. It's quite a claim. What's amazing is how powerful it really is.

High-energy words are words like love, joy, success, easy, happy, can, etc. Once you start paying attention to the words you use, it's startling to see just how many of them are low-energy. For example I committed to wiping the word hard out of my vocabulary. Let's just say it hasn't been easy. The word just pops up. By committing to replacing it with other more high-energy words, I realize just how often I employ the lower-energy counterparts.

And does this affect my reality? You betcha. I am constantly reinforcing a struggle mentality. Oswald says that our unconscious merely reacts to our conscious speech. It doesn't use logic or attempt to analyze the messages it receives, it just responds. And all results stem from unconscious beliefs. So, we change the message, we change the results. As simple as that.

Except that, it's not so easy. However, I think it is a very powerful message and I encourage you to let me know when you see me using low-energy words in this blog.

I challenge you to try it out for yourself. And if you want to hear from the master herself, listen in on May 26th at 7pm EST. Just make sure to register at: www.wholemindwholebody.com.

No comments: